Travel Updates due to Coronavirus (as of 3/27/20)
We have added some additional motorcoach trip cancellations/postponements.
Here is a list of ADDITIONAL motorcoach public trips this applies to. Please look below for the original list of trips cancelled.
5/9 - Albany Tulip Festival
5/11-13 - Bethlehem: Saints & Sinners
5/15-17 - Penn Dutch-Queen Esther - postponed until Sep 18-20
5/16 - Circle Line Best of NYC Cruise & Chelsea Market
The May 11-13 Atlantic City, NJ has not been updated as of yet. We are waiting to see if we can reschedule for another date in the Fall.
The Luncheon Show on May 14 for the Dancing Dream ABBA Tribute Band has been postponed to Aug 13, 2020.
The Luncheon Show on Aug 13 for the Edwards Twins has been postponed to Oct 7, 2020.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we continue to make changes.
Travel Updates due to Coronavirus (as of 3/20/20)
Starting on Monday, March 23, the Friendship Tours & Ship Shop team will be working remotely from our homes. Our temporary office hours will be Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 4:30pm. We will be working hard to answer your phone calls, but the best way to reach us is by email. Staff email addresses are simply the first name of the person with @friendshiptours.net. We will respond as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience during this unusual time and we look forward to seeing you back on the road soon.
Daytrip tours (public tours):
Daytrip tours (pre-formed groups):
ShowBus Tours & Luncheon Shows:
Ship Shop Cruises:
Brett & Amy are also always happy to hear from you too:
Travel Updates due to Coronavirus (as of 3/17/20)
As the situation evolves we will continue to communicate our Tour Updates here.
We have extended our cancellations of our motorcoach tours through May 3, 2020.
All motorcoach trips* scheduled to depart from March 13 through May 3, 2020 are now cancelled.
* List of ADDITIONAL motorcoach public trips this applies to. Please look below for the original list of trips cancelled.
4/18 - Ellis Island & Statue of Liberty
4/18 - Lexington & Concord, MA
4/18 - ShowBus Broadway
4/22-24 - Penn Dutch - Queen Esther
4/24-26 - Penn Dutch - Queen Esther
4/25 - Metropolitan Opera - Turandot
4/25 - West Point Dress Parade
4/26 - Spirit of Boston Luncheon Cruise
5/2-6 - Virginia Beach & Norfolk - Tattoo
5/2 - 9/11 Museum & Memorial & One World Observatory, NYC
5/3 - Best of Boston - New England Aquarium & Boston Duck Tour
The Heart of Ireland trip April 24-May 1, 2020 is also cancelled. Announcements will be made directly to those reserved on this trip with complete details.
Motorcoach tours planned through your senior centers, etc. through May 3, 2020 are also cancelled. We are working with our contracted vendors to possibly reschedule. These notifications will be relayed to your Group Leaders directly.
Travel Updates due to Coronavirus (as of 3/12/20)
Dear Friendship Family Traveler-
Our commitment to you has always been to provide the highest quality motorcoach daytrips, overnight tours, Broadway ShowBus tour, luncheon shows, Ship Shop Cruises, and Fly Tours. Founded in 1977, Friendship Tours has continuously evolved to offer superior trips that enhance the lives of our customers. You are all truly part of the Friendship Family.
Today we are faced with a new challenge. The situation surrounding the coronavirus continues to evolve quickly, with new developments announced daily/hourly. The safety and health of all of you and our staff is our priority.
All motorcoach trips* scheduled to depart from March 13 through April 15, 2020 are cancelled. Authorities have put in place limits on large social gatherings and have advised against travel. Friendship Tours/The Ship Shop's first priority is to keep you safe.
What does this mean for you?
- If you are booked on one of these trips you will receive a full credit toward a future trip.
- Credits will be automatically applied to your account with us. You do not need to call the office to receive the credit.
- The credits do not expire.The credits can be applied to any scheduled tour.
- We are working to reschedule many of these trips for a later date in the year. We will announce the rescheduled dates as soon as possible. You may opt to transfer your booking to the new date and your payments will be transferred to the new tour date.
- We will use email and our website to help communicate with regular updates. Please check our website regularly. As you can imagine, we have been very busy on the phone. We are happy to speak with each and every one of you. Please just be patient as we do our best to answer your questions and return your messages.
- If you registered for a tour with us through an organization such as your local Senior Center, Adult Education, Park & Rec, or church group, please continue to reach out to your Group Leader for additional information. We will be communicating directly with them with any information about rescheduling/postponing tours. Again, motorcoach tours scheduled from March 13 until April 15, 2020 have been cancelled.
* List of motorcoach public trips this applies to:
- 3/19 - Westchester Broadway Theater
- 3/21 - Resorts World Casino, Catskills, NY
- 3/27-30 - Washington, DC
- 3/28 - Woodbury Common Outlets & Brotherhood Winery
- 3/29 - 9/11 Museum & Memorial
- 4/4 - Taste of Italian NY
- 4/6 - Newport Playhouse
- 4/13-16 - I Love Lucy, Jamestown, NY
The Escorted New Orleans trip March 30-Apr 3, 2020 is also cancelled. Announcements will be made directly to those reserved on this trip with complete details.
Motorcoach tours planned through your senior centers, etc. through April 15 are also cancelled. We are working with our contracted vendors to possibly reschedule. These notifications will be relayed to your Group Leaders directly.
Ship Shop Cruises: Our cruise department has been busy consulting with each and every one of our cruise passengers. Please reach out to Barbara & Donna if you need additional information.
We are in this together:
Our thoughts are with all of you at this time. It should be everyone's priority to follow the guidelines being set by our leaders.
We promise that we will continue to keep you informed as things continue to evolve. We thank you for your understanding and patience as we make difficult decisions based on your safety.
Providing travel experiences is what we do. Please give us the opportunity to remain a trusted and valued member of your family. We look forward to having you travel with us again when the time is right. All of us at the Friendship Family are grateful for your continued support.
Yours In Friendship,
The Friendship Tours/The Ship Shop Staff